The curious nature of cats will make it easy for them to figure out, but follow these steps for the best results:
- Place your new Modkat litter box in the same location as your old litter box.
- Fill the liner with 3-4 inches of litter, adding at least one scoop of litter from their old box.
- Once they smell the familiar scent they should know what to do.
If they don't seem to get it, try the following:
- If they won't go near their new litter box, gently place them on top, and let them jump off or out themselves. This may help them to become familiar with it.
- Reintroduce their old litter box, and place their new Modkat next to it with the lid off.
- After three days replace the Modkat lid.
- On the fourth day take away the old litter box and see how it goes.