Follow these steps to help your cat acclimate to their new Modkat litter box:
- Scoop some litter from your old litter box into their new one, the familiar smell should help them to understand what it is and what to do.
- Remove the old litter box completely.
- If they won't go near their new litter box, gently place them on top (top-entry), or inside (front-entry) and let them jump off or out themselves, this may help them to become familiar with it.
Still not working?
- Reintroduce their old litter box, and place their new Modkat litter box next to it.
- Remove Modkat lid where applicable.
- After three days replace the top-entry lid on their Modkat.
- On the fourth day take away the old litter box and see how it goes.