How do I train my puppy to use Shake?
Most puppies will take to using Shake by following a few simple steps with lots of positive reinforcement.
- A puppy should be confined to a fenced-in area when you first bring them home.
- Place Shake in that confined area.
- Be sure Shake is not near their food or bed.
- Bring your puppy to Shake first thing in the morning and two hours after every meal.
- A small urine soaked towel can be placed beneath the removable grates to engage their keen sense of smell.
- Do NOT reprimand them for accidents during training and be sure to praise them when they are successful.